Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beauty tip…

I know this has nothing to do with eating healthy, but I just have to share this!  Now that you are shedding the pounds, summer is here and you want your skin to look just as refreshing as you are feeling!  There is nothing like going to the spa for a message and a full body scrub – it is an indulgence and a splurge that I try and do every SPRING!

But in the meantime, I found an article on Epson salts and some star power behind it!  Heidi Klum and Kim Kardashian endorse it!  To remove dead surface skin cells, potentially lesson the appearance of cellulite and reveal silky smooth skin, mix two cups of Epsom salt with one-quarter cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil.  Use this mixture to gently slough away dry patches, especially on elbows and feet.  Don’t be surprised if your favorite upscale spa uses the same concoction!  There are plenty of other scrub recipes out there!  I have seen Brown sugar scrubs, oatmeal scrubs and sea salt scrubs!  I will stick to my three-dollar box of Epson salts!  I also use Epsom salts in my bath for relaxing my muscles and drawing toxins from my body after a long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment