Friday, June 25, 2010

Help!  My job is making me fat…

Crazy hours, business travel, and work dinners are a few reasons the job can help put on the weight!  I have the restaurant company’s test kitchen/lab right down the hall! I have been able to work around some long hours, travel or dinners out by simply planning ahead.  Not that it has been an easy road, but I feel like I have those areas covered and more under control!  There are just those days when my will power is non-existent and just flies out the door!

OK, so we all know that sweets are my downfall!  Last week we had some guest chef’s in and they were making the most unbelievable coffee cakes, coconut and chocolate patties and cookie bars!  OK, I did some sampling and maybe at times it was more then sampling and I was a bit out of control and of course that sugar rush made me goofy, that’s probably why I went for more!  I try and have some fruit and healthier snacks at my desk so that this scenario doesn’t happen too often!  So, I didn’t beat myself up too bad and just thought ahead about my next meal and made sure it was a healthy one!  Remember – meal to meal and don’t keep your downfalls at home!

Until Monday (do as I say not as I do) – keep thinking veggies and protein!


No comments:

Post a Comment