Friday, March 2, 2012

Butternut Squash Spaghetti...
My husband is a genius!  Remember I gave you the recipe for turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash and I couldn’t make it because I couldn’t find the squash.  We eventually found a spaghetti squash, made it and it was delish!  It was so good I wanted it again! Low and behold - again, no spaghetti squash.  Bob thought he would try a butternut squash instead!  He peeled it, and tried a few different techniques to get strips.  The apple corer worked part way, then he used a peeler.  He steamed the strips until tender and voila - it worked!  The only variation he made to the meatballs was he added some red pepper flakes and a whole egg instead of egg whites - because of course the only eggs we use are organic, omega 3 eggs.  What a great, healthy comfort food!  (see blog 2/6/2012for recipe).  It just goes to show you - you can try anything in the kitchen!
Until Monday - Keep thinking veggies and protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment