Monday, August 22, 2011

A New Outlook on Sardines...
Hurray! I finally found a canned sardine that I like!  A new Vietnamese sandwich shop opened in our neighborhood - Bun Mi Express.  I am pretty health conscience when it comes to these sandwiches.  All sandwiches are served on fresh baked baguettes with cucumber, pickled carrots & daikon, cilantro, jalapeno and mayo.  Of course I skip the mayo and add the sriracha and I just make sure I have a really good workout so I don’t feel too guilty eating the bread!  Anyway, I had to try the sardine in tomato sandwich and I LOVED it.  The best thing is that they sell the canned sardines at this little shop.  Bob and I had to buy it and experimented with it!  
Off he went to Whole Foods for the fresh daikon and carrots.  They soaked overnight in the water, hint of sugar and vinegar to pickle.  Instead of the baguette we did them in butter lettuce and ate them as wraps!  I just loved the moist and flavorful fish texture!  A great way to get those omega 3’s! This is our version!

You might enjoy my past blog on sardines - 2/23/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment