Thursday, February 14, 2013

Healthy Ways to Satisfy Unhealthy Cravings...

I’ll say it: I’m a fun eater. I love parties, food festivals, and going out to eat. Up until my early 50’s I didn’t think much about ordering fried chicken wings, second slices of pizza, and French fries. But now I just need to think twice. The old phrase “A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips” comes to mind frequently.
I’m well aware, however, that there is no sense in depriving myself—otherwise I will blow it by eating some of my trigger foods and distroy my efforts. I simply need to make better, healthier choices.  There are simple switches that really make a difference.  Fat free Greek yogurt has been one of the biggest changes to my new way of eating.  It is such an easy substitute for sour cream.  I use it all the time for dressings and desserts!  When I feel like something crunchy like chips I go for some almonds, celery sticks or carrots!  Just take a minute to think about it, be creative and the choices are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment