Wednesday, June 1, 2011

10 Mile Race Success...
OK - I am going to do some bragging!  I just have to say that I am extremely proud of myself and took 11 minutes off my race time from last year!  My official time was 1:38:37, 9:52 minute miles.  We had just about perfect conditions, overcast and 50 degrees (a little cool at the start).  It was 100% humidity and it would have been nice to see the sun at the end of the race!  The best was coming through Da Bears tunnel and seeing my husband cheering me on!  I got teary eyed!  It was a full morning of exercise, we road our bikes to the stadium, 6 miles, than to brunch!  The couch did await me for the rest of the day!  Now I just have to find another race to keep me motivated throughout the summer months!  Thank you Fleet Feet for doing such and great job with what I think is the best race in Chicago!  See you next year!
(this is my photo from last year)

No comments:

Post a Comment