Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On a Personal Note...
People often ask me if I am still riding my bike to work!  They are quite surprised with my reply - that I am!  I than ask them if they have ever skied before -  It’s all about the gear!  It took me a few years to figure it all out especially after getting drenched after a brutal rain shower that came out of nowhere!  I was wearing just a water resistant jacket, that was when I knew I had to start rethinking my gear.  First it was a rainproof jacket, than something to put over my backpack to keep my valuables safe! Than it was the pants and last, but not least - the helmet cover!  Because they are all so light weight, I have my gear with me at all times!  I have pulled over many times to put it all on, on either my ride to or from work!  I will continue to cycle work until the first sight of ice!  As for any rain - I feel as though I am drier biking to work than taking the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment