Thursday, February 17, 2011

Individual servings of anything...

This was perfect for me while I started out my quest for healthy eating!  Remember, I had and still have a lot to learn!  The recent trend to package small quantities into 100-calorie snack packs is a way for food-makers to get more money from unsuspecting consumers. The price 'per unit' cost of these items is significantly more than if you had just bought one big box or bag of your favorite healthy treats!  You just have to remember not to eat the whole bag or box!!
Now I do buy the big box or bag and then parcel out my own single servings and store them in small, reusable storage bags.  I have my big bag of almonds and Pirates Booty, portion it out and I always have a snack on hand!  My new favorite snack is roasted, unsalted peanuts in the shell - I find I eat even less of these because I have to un-shell each peanut.  A 3 pound bag lasts me weeks!  Ha Ha, I only eat these at work because they do create quite the mess!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment