Thursday, December 15, 2011

Myth: Fruit Has too Much Sugar to Eat for Weight Loss..

With all the sugar that is added to processed foods, the sugar in fruit is the least of your worries. Getting rid of fruit means you are losing out on valuable vitamins and nutrients that your body absorbs easily since they're found in their natural, whole state. Eliminating fruit from your diet when trying to lose weight makes no sense.  You’ll miss out on a whole lot of filling fiber, which studies have directly linked to long-term weight loss, and you may be more likely to reach for other processed, empty food items instead. 
In the beginning, I had to eliminate fruit from my diet altogether because my blood sugar was so high!  I gradually allowed fruit back into my eating routine and I also stay away from most of the tropical fruits.  Apples, grapefruits and berries are my best friends :).

No comments:

Post a Comment