Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grilling…
Grilling and summer go hand in hand! I just love it, especially now that we are remodeling and our kitchen is filled with lamps and furniture! I am also grateful or the weather that is cooperating so we can eat on our patio.  

Anyway - grilling is so tasty and healthy!!!  OK, so I don’t have as many pots and pans to clean!  Best if all it keeps the oven off in the house and allows for a cooler environment!  Oh I forgot to mention, Bob is the Grill Master!  I have come a long way with my cooking, but grilling, I will leave to Bob!  It must be a mental block for me, like driving a stick shift!  I will leave it to the men in my life!!!
Is there anything you can’t grill?  I can’t think of a thing!  We have had an entire salad done on the grill!  A trip to the local farmers market with grilling on the mind!  A bounty of fresh romaine and radicchio lettuces, carrots, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, squash, bell peppers, spring onions, mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.  Oh my! What protein do we add to this, a lean steak, pork tenderloin, chicken breast, shrimp, scallops or tuna? Don’t forget tying out some fruits on the grill! It is just endless!
I will even use some of the vegetables for the vinaigrette that will accompany this fresh, flavorful, healthy delight!  Grab those zero calorie vinegars, some fresh herbs, spices and maybe a slice of grilled pepper, onion and garlic and blend away!
My mouth is watering!

No comments:

Post a Comment