Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rules...
Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking?
Why it's OK to break this rule: It’s true that studies consistently show that people who eat breakfast tend to weigh less and are more successful at maintaining weight loss. In fact, having breakfast daily is one of the habits that 78 percent of the “successful losers” who have enrolled in the National Weight Control Registry share. All of them have sustained a weight loss of 30 pounds or more for at least one year and some for up to 66 years. But that doesn’t mean you have to force yourself to eat first thing in the morning if you’re not hungry. Consuming breakfast later in the morning, perhaps after a workout to rev up your appetite, is equally effective. One study found that eating a big breakfast that’s high in protein and low in carbs helped overweight women lose an average of nearly 23 pounds.
Interesting study!  I was never much of a breakfast person before I started the “healthy lifestyle”.  My morning routine now is to have my cup of coffee while I post my blog, try and get my work out in, shower, than I have breakfast before I leave for work!  95% of the time my breakfast consists of organic, omega 3 eggs!  Looks like I am a “rule” breaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment