Monday, November 19, 2012

Dukan Oat Bran Galette...

I Have a few friends at work doing the Dukan diet, and they were willing to share this recipe with me.  I sometimes have these for breakfast - when I have the time.  I go for the more savory type!  I find them very satisfying and they get me easily through the morning!
Recipe
1 egg white
2 tablespoons of oat bran
2 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon zero calorie sweetener suited for cooking for a sweet pancake
or
Pepper, herbs and/or chopped green onion for a savory pancake

In a small bowl, beat the egg white until foamy.  In a separate bowl, combine the oat bran, greek yogurt and your choice of sweetener or savory seasoning.  Add the beaten egg white and mix until blended.

Place a small nonstick pan over medium heat.  Pour the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for around 5 minutes, or until the underside is golden and the upper side starts to dry.  Flip the galette with a spatula and continue cooking the other side for an additional 5 minutes.

I better go make mine now!

No comments:

Post a Comment