Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Strength Training and Core Training...

For me these go hand in hand.  This is the season that it becomes so difficult to get outside and run!  I found that last year I was able to really keep in shape by getting into some cross-training!  My body wasn’t too shocked when I was able to get out and start running/training again!  It really helped build up my muscles and I was able to gain distance a lot faster!  Don’t get me wrong, I will still get my cardio exercise in, just not to the extent that I was able to during the warmer months!  

So get out your stability ball and start conditioning your stabilizing muscles of the abdomen, back and chest!  Push-ups, sit-ups and curl-ups are examples of basic core exercises.  

Then get out the weights and start lifting them!  This will work and tone your muscles and enhance your workouts!  Burning muscles mean you're working and you're going to have more tone.  If you're concerned about bulking up, go with lighter weights and higher repetitions, but make sure your muscles are on fire for the last five to 10 reps. 

Remember, burning muscles is also burning away fat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment