Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Countdown...
Wow!  So much to do, so little time!
This Year I was actually organized enough to get the decorations up!  Too early to get a “real” tree, so I put the lights and ornaments on the cat tree!  Shmooh loves it!
We are at the minute by minute countdown!
Bob and I are hosting our annual Thanksgiving day open house brunch. This all started when my friend Nancy and her husband and I used to do the Thanksgiving Day Turkey trot.  Bob would be home getting our turkey ready and we would have easy spread of bagels, cream cheese and coffee.  Than it would be the race and Bob watching the kids, cooking and getting our brunch ready.  Than we started inviting anyone who was doing the Turkey Trot.  Than it got too crazy and the menu started getting more involved for me to do the turkey trot.  Than we just decided to combine our Thanksgiving into the brunch and just host an open house and one meal!
The cooking actually started last week.  I will be peeling my stalk of Brussels sprouts (Brussels Sprouts salad, 11/11/2010 blog) and sectioning grapefruits.  The rest of the menu will be revealed on Thursday!

(this is blog 800)

No comments:

Post a Comment