Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flu Season...
Yes I got my Flu shot!  I just have to tell you, it has been a year since I got sick!  I am a convinced that it must be the flu shot combined with all the healthy eating and exercise I maintained throughout the year!
While the decision to get vaccinated is an individual one with both pros and cons, consider that a natural approach with specific nutrients such as vitamin D, can boost immune function and may play an important role in the prevention of respiratory tract infections.
Vitamin D is know as the “sunshine vitamin.”  Too bad the winter months aren’t the easiest source to get your share of the sun!  Vitamin D is essential for helping the body absorb calcium.  Not surprisingly, then, it’s important for bone, hair and teeth health.  The best food source of vitamin D is fish, especially fish such as salmon that is also high in omega 3.
Eat right and exercise often is the basis of any healthy lifestyle, and for reassurance you might want to get the flu shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment