Thursday, January 9, 2014

Avo Egg Breakfast Pizza…

I saw this picture and my mouth started watering before I even read the recipe!  Looks like I am going to try this over the weekend! 

Ingredients:
1 6-inch Greek or pocketless pita, or other flatbread
1 mashed ripe avocado
1 dash each lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin, and cumin seed
1 organic egg, cooked to your liking
Directions:
Toast pita until crisp and spread avocado on pita. Drizzle with lemon, olive oil, and spices, and top with egg.
Serves: 2

Nutrition score per serving: 252 calories, 15g fat, 18g carbs, 6g protein, 2g fiber
I will probably cut back on the oil and substitute the cumin with another spice and my choice of pita or flatbread will be whole wheat or multi-grain!

No comments:

Post a Comment