Thursday, November 12, 2009

Deborah’s cooking 101

Camerons Stovetop Smoker
cameronscookware.com

This piece of equipment has become the reason I started to cook! You can smoke just about anything! We have smoked pork tenderloins, chickens, turkey breasts, portabella mushrooms, red peppers and so on and so on. Last night for dinner I smoked some Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon I bought frozen from Trader Joe’s. All I did was salt and pepper my salmon and let the smoke flavor take over! I served it with a medley of sautéed broccoli, onion, tomatoes and one of my frozen portions of greens (portion size being approximately 1/2 a cup). A glass of red wine, and Voila! - A heart healthy dinner low in calories, high in protein, fiber, omega-3 and many other dietary vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment