Thursday, January 28, 2010

EAT FRESH…

I know this is probably one of the hardest things to get used to,  but it is essential to eat as much fresh and/or home cooked food as possible. As a society, we eat so much packaged/processed food, which works in a pinch, but getting too much of it doesn't satisfy you long term—and can leave you eating more and packing on the pounds.  If you can pack up some of tonight’s dinner for tomorrow’s lunch - that would be ideal.  I am all about the leftovers! Not only will you save calories and get more nutritious food, you'll also save money!

Some weekends are spent in the kitchen just cooking up tons of food to portion out and freeze for the future!  It’s a lot of extra work, but so worth it.  I know exactly what is going into my food, and that takes care of a lot of the guesswork!  I have the control and accountability! There are those rough days that it would be so much easier to pick up the phone and have just about anything in the world delivered when I don’t feel like cooking, but I know there will always be something healthy in my freezer ready to go, JUST HEAT IT UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment