Monday, January 11, 2010


Planning Ahead…

Over the weekend I chopped, sautéed and simmered away!  I call this concoction veggie stew.  Please keep in mind you can use or substitute any vegetables you want.  I finally found the perfect mixture that works for me!  My fresh ingredients are, onions, garlic, eggplant, roma tomatoes, cremini mushrooms, yellow, orange, red bell peppers, zucchini, Trader Joe’s trimmed leaks, Trader Joe’s bag of yellow and green beans, baby broccoli, bok choy and carrots.  Frozen ingredients are shelled edameme and Trader Joe’s bag of artichoke hearts.  I spray the biggest skillet we have and start sautéing the onions, add the garlic and tomatoes, the frozen veggies and then all the ingredients.  Don’t forget to add any herbs and spices to your liking!  I let it all simmer until all vegetables are cooked through and the flavors are one happy melody.  I get about 8 quart size freezer bag portions.  You can put this over a cup of whole-wheat pasta, have it on the side with a protein.  Me – I throw one of my portions in a pot with some tofu and add some sriracha hot chili sauce for an Asian flare!

No comments:

Post a Comment