Monday, January 18, 2010


I used to think this was healthy…

I used to have just this packet of Multigrain Pilaf for lunch once in awhile.  It was inexpensive and easy to transport to work and all I needed was the microwave.  I even raved about it to my vegan friends!  Low and behold, when I did put this in one of my diet diaries my Guru informed me that it was way too high in carbohydrates and of course – where’s the protein?  Now that I am maintaining my weight I am able to incorporate some grains back  into my diet.  Thank you Bob for a wonderful dinner last night!  A HUGE salad with chopped up romaine lettuce, diced red, yellow and orange bell peppers, colorful carrots, green onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and slices of lamb - roasted to perfection!  This was the perfect salad to add the Multigrain Pilaf!  With a garlic, herb yogurt dressing I felt like I was in the Mediterranean!

No comments:

Post a Comment