Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grounds for Debate…

Whether you realize it or not, you might already be waking up to an effective natural metabolism booster. The caffeine naturally present in coffee raises metabolism and can improve fat oxidation. Drinking a cup before exercise can also improve alertness and help fight fatigue. 

I do have my cup of java every morning!  It is the start of my day, my daily routine, and my wake-up call!  It has been just recently that I actually started drinking my coffee before I hit the path running or biking.  My coffee is prepared in a French press and I only add one splenda, no extras – sorry Starbucks!  Give me my Venti of caffeine - I don’t need any extra “room”.

Recent research suggests caffeine could help protect against cognitive decline and other dementia.  Large clinical trials are still needed!

Large doses of caffeine can exaggerate blood sugar problems with people who are already struggling with diabetes.  It can also increase blood pressure, increase anxiety and contribute to insomnia.

So like everything in life – moderation is the key element! 

No comments:

Post a Comment