Friday, July 16, 2010

A new product for me…

OK, I usually don’t go for the packaged foods, but I found these veggie burgers at Whole Foods.  I first tried them at the National Restaurant Association’s big trade show in May, I got a coupon and I said – why not!  They are actually pretty good!  I followed the directions for the stove-top instructions, got out a slice of protein bread, cut up a tomato and some cucumber, smeared on some Dijon mustard and it was the perfect brunch!

Straight form the website;

www.sunshineburger.com

Carols farm fresh vegetarian burgers are not meant to be a beef imitation but an excellent flavor sensation of their own. Because Carol’s burgers were so well loved and her family and friends raved about them, Sunshine Burger Company was born.

Sunshine Burgers taste great on a bun, in a pocket pita or in a sandwich wrap, add your favorite condiments and veggies. Excellent on the grill or stove-top.

Ingredients:
Ground raw sun-flower seeds
Brown rice
Carrots
Herbs
Sea Salt

(1 patty = 190 calories, 13g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 320g sodium, 14g total carbs, 3g dietary fiber, 2g sugar, 8g protein)

Until Monday – keep thinking veggies and protein!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Deborah, for visiting Sunshine Burger at the NRA and trying our products again after the show. Please visit out Facebook page for links to bloggers creative ideas on how to use Sunshine Burgers. BTW, I just posted a link to your blog. Good luck with your goals!
    Sincerely,
    Cole Jones
    General Manager
    Sunshine Burger

    ReplyDelete