Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekends…

Don’t invite extra calories on the weekend!  Many people treat the weekend as a time to indulge after a tough week!  The high calorie drinks on a Friday night.  The popcorn and candy at a Saturday matinee.  Saturday night out with your friends and don’t forget, Sunday brunch with family or friends.  This might cause the Monday morning regret and frustration, cursing yourself for all those extra calories and wondering how you are ever going to achieve your goal!

I am quite the opposite!  I eat healthy on the weekends.  I just have a tendency to skip meals!  During the week I am in such a routine that eating, and eating healthy is almost second nature.  I usually have all my meals planned in advance.  Yet, sometimes, there are those days, when the pizza lunches are decided on a whim and people bring in their leftover goodies that they don’t want in their own homes, the cookies, cakes and candies.  I can more or less keep that under control! It is the weekends that I have a hard time!  I can sleep a little later, go for a run a little later and before you know it – I skipped breakfast and on to lunch!  I also at times forget to take my vitamins.  In my diet log I register this as brunch with a lot of snacking!  My only saving grace is that we do not keep any temptations in the house!  Whatever I might snack on is at least healthy!  There are those weekends that it seems that all I am doing is cooking, portioning and freezing future meals.  Again, it is healthy sampling and snacking! 

Weekends have become the time to get things done, run all those errands and get those long mile runs in!  Instead of going out, we tend to entertain at home and that of course gives you more control of what you are eating, rather then going out and having the pressure of second guessing your food and the pier pressure!  But of course there are social obligations and special occasions and again as I have said before… remember meal to meal!!!

Until Monday – keep thinking veggies and protein!


No comments:

Post a Comment