Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Few Reasons I stopped Going to the Gym...

There are so many gyms all around Chicago, but for some reason I could never find one convenient enough for me!  I wanted to just be able to roll out of bed and be there!  Too much work that early in the morning, even when we had a workout room in one of the places that we resided.  I love being able to just get on the stationary bike or treadmill in my pajamas, and of course in the warm weather, throw on some running clothes and hit the lakefront path!  

At the gym I got so tired of it becoming such a “social” atmosphere!  I get pretty focused when I am working out!  I just want to get into my music and get into my zone!  I don’t want to hear all the grunts. I don’t need to see butt cheeks and cleavage.  I need more distance - personal space does matter.  And most important the hygiene issue - wipe down the machines when you are done!  All too stressful for me!  The only thing I do miss is the sauna and steam rooms!

Again, whatever works for you - just work it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment