Monday, September 27, 2010

Veal Ala Deborah...
Can I just say, veal is so hard to find these days, and I was thrilled when we saw it at Costco!  I just had to get it!  Already pounded out to the most beautiful scallops, I made my version of a healthy veal dish!
Recipe
I quickly seared the my seasoned veal scallops in a skillet over very high heat, with my olive oil spray.  I used one of my favorite spice blends from The Spice House - California Seasoned Pepper.  I put the veal aside, lowered the heat and then sauteed onions, mushrooms, leaks and garlic.  Let it all simmer and added some lemon juice and a 1/3 of a cup of some duck reduction we just so happened to have on hand, if I didn’t see that in the freezer, I would have used chicken stock instead!  Before serving, I added the veal back to my simmering vegetables to finish cooking it.  Voila!  A yummy, healthy dinner served with some roasted brussels sprouts on the side.
Veal health benefits 
Veal is packed with high-quality protein and a nutrient-dense source of iron and zinc, minerals.  Veal contains very little fat, not more than 10 grams of fat per 100 grams, many of them unsaturated fats and because of this, veal is considered very lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment