Monday, September 20, 2010

TRAVELING...

OK, so once in awhile I do get spoiled!  There really isn’t a more pleasurable way to fly, but first class!  I LOVE my brother:)  It truly is a much less stressful trip especially when it comes to food!  I always panic about “what am I going to eat”.  The airports are just full of some of the most unhealthy choices, at least you can find some fresh fruit!  I do try and eat something before I leave for the airport, and we have been known to make our own sandwiches, almond butter and organic, low sugar raspberry jam!  It usually survives some cramped packing and I know I won’t starve to death! 

Knowing first class is in the cards, I don’t have to pack any snack packs of nuts because that is the first thing offered, better yet - they are hot!  As the wine keeps flowing, you actually have a meal choice.  Going to San Diego I had the choice of, Teriyaki chicken or mushroom tortellini, served with a shrimp cocktail and a salad.  Here is what I did, I got the shrimp cocktail, the hostess was gracious and let me have two salads, without dressing and all I asked for were some extra lemons.  I mixed my shrimp and some of he cocktail sauce over the salads and added my pepper and lemons.  Healthy eating high in the sky!


No comments:

Post a Comment