Friday, November 19, 2010


Dress-Up...
I LOVED this and had to share it!
Artichoke Hearts
This gown was designed by Daniel Feld and Wesley Nault (both Project Runway alums) and took over 6 hours to complete. Sabarese says "the model stood the entire time while they attached each individual leaf."
Photo by: Ted Sabarese
I also LOVE artichokes!  One of my favorite examples of what I thought was healthy and turned out wasn’t was my artichoke dinner to my diet Guru!  Bob and I used to have these huge artichokes as a meal.  He would steam them to perfection and we would eat the leaves and hearts, dip them into olive oil, balsamic vinegar and shave parmesan!  I won’t even go into the spicy, mayonnaise dip we used to have!  So, what’s wrong with this picture?  The olive oil has the calories, the balsamic has the sugar and the cheese has the fat, and of course, where’s the protein!  We still enjoy artichokes, but prepare them in so many more healthy ways.  If we want to eat the whole artichoke, we make an oil free vinaigrette.  Otherwise, Bob will grill the hearts and we put them into one of our many salads!
The artichoke is a great fiber source and is also rich in vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and magnesium. An artichoke is naturally fat free and very low in calories.

Until Monday - keep thinking veggies and protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment