Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING...

Traditions!  For about the last 10 years we have been doing a brunch at our place after the morning Turkey Trot 8K race.  It started as just coffee and each year it has expanded with food, and now it has become almost a full out feast!  

This year we are doing a Spanish tapas theme (small plates).  We are keeping it healthy, yet keeping our quests satisfied.

This is the menu:
2 different traditional Spanish tortillas; 
    egg, potato and pepper & egg, spinach and mushrooms
jalapeno peppers stuffed with spicy chicken sausage and fontina cheese
assorted Spanish olives
manchego cheese, marcona almonds and fig jam
cinnamon raisin bagels for the kids!
brussels sprout salad
sectioned ruby red grapefruit
pumpkin roll-up cake

(a bit more oil and cheese than I am used to, the key word here is SMALL bites, but let’s do a little celebrating!)

A matter of fact - with all this food, Bob and I decided not to even do our traditional Turkey dinner!  Believe me, we will still have our Turkey very soon- I need my turkey stock for my winter soups!!!

Good, luck and don’t gobble, gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment