Monday, February 1, 2010

EATING - Slow it Down…

Bob and I both have this problem! We eat way too fast; you can call us the speed demons!  To say the least, I am not proud of this and it is forever a work in progress. Eating too quickly contributes not only to indigestion, but also to consuming far more calories than one needs. Restaurants love us, we snarf and we leave, no lingering, so an extra turnover for the server!  I wish I could use the excuse that I came from a huge family and the only way to get food was to be fast!  No, I am just a scarfing, woofer that is just genuinely too excited to eat. I shovel food down so fast that the carefully layered flavors that Bob or I labored over barely register. As I am constantly watching what I eat, I am also thinking about my next meal!  I am going to put down my fork, inhale before each bite, chew every bite and just try to slow it down!  I might have to start eating every meal with chopsticks!


No comments:

Post a Comment