Thursday, February 4, 2010

Healthier vs. REALLY HEALTHY…

Sure you can be served a ton of vegetables, and think you are eating really healthy, but you have to think about how are they really prepared!  If they are grilled you can be sure there is a lot of oil involved, and that now turns those “healthy” vegetables into something that’s just healthier then maybe the alternative, which could be something with cream or butter!  When you aren’t home preparing your own food, these are the things you have to keep in mind.  Your best bet is to order your vegetables steamed with nothing on them and ask for a plate of lemons!  I run into this problem all the time when I am out or at work!  I am very fortunate that every Wednesday our office gets lunch brought in form our various restaurants.  As I am going through the buffet, people are watching what I am eating!  I try not to be too critical or self-righteous, but I always get the question “why aren’t you eating any of the vegetables?” My only response is  “It looks like they are drowning in oil or butter!”  I make my way to the salad and it is a good day when they have the cheese and the dressing on the side and there is a protein available!  If not, I always have a can of tuna available; my bag of salad and my special homemade vinaigrette is in the fridge waiting for me, ready to go!


1 comment:

  1. if you remeber as a young girl you turned vegetarian, and gained weight. That was because of all the dairy you ate, as well as baked eggplant parmiaggano?
    Lookm what you've learned over the years. Good for you!!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete