Monday, May 10, 2010

CEVICHE for two….

Hurray, a new recipe from me!

I got 4 beautiful fresh sea scallops and 4 beautiful uncooked jumbo shrimp.  I peeled the shrimp and marinated both in lemon and lime juice for about 5 hours with some diced red onion in the refrigerator (until the translucent raw fish turns opaque).  About an hour before serving I started dicing up, a jalapeno pepper, tomato, orange bell pepper and an avocado, also chopped up some cilantro. I mixed these all together with salt and pepper to taste and with a teeny hint of hot Spanish paprika and ground chipotle spices.  About 10 minutes before serving I strained out the shrimp, scallops and onions, added some of the lemon/lime juice and mixed everything together.  I had two martini glasses chilling in the freezer to serve the ceviche in!

SUCCESS!  The best compliment I could ever get from Bob “I wouldn’t change a thing”!


No comments:

Post a Comment