Monday, May 17, 2010

Flax to the Max….

There has been numerous studies and research lately on this tiny seed!  Besides tasting good and adding flavor to many different recipes, this little nutty flavor seed hold some health benefits! It contains alpha-linolenic acid, a type of omega-3 fatty acid similar to the omega-3 found in fish.  It contains lignans, naturally occurring chemical compounds that act as antioxidants.  And it contains fiber.  Consider it an added bonus that flax seeds actually taste good!

I discovered flax seeds a few years ago to help reduce those bothersome hot flashes of menopause. It really does help!  I usually sprinkle it over my berries and yogurt I have for desert almost every night.  If I remember I’ll even sprinkle the seeds over a salad!  I guess I am nuts for more nutty flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment