Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chefs and how they eat…

So, I feel I have truly learned to eat, or have found the true meaning of eating!  I have found a few restaurants that I feel comfortable going to and ordering an almost 100% healthy meal and learning my way around a menu.  There are a few places that I allow a few slips or rewards, knowing what I have to do the next day to compensate for the indulgence! 

I have been reading a few suggestions and intended inspiration from some of our nationally acclaimed chefs!  Marcus Sammuelsson suggests, “expanding your concept of sauces and go beyond the butter-based variety.  Try light, bright vinaigrettes, such as an herb-rich chimichurri sauce!  No need for butter or cream; try beet and carrot reductions with a bit of orange or lemon juice and perhaps ginger.”

Mario Batali decided to drop to drop 45 pounds by working out, eating half portions at restaurants.  “You don’t want a giant bowl of pasta; you maybe want a cup.”  He also tastes food with a finger, not a spoon and skips the breadbasket!

Oprah’s ex-personal chef, Art Smith has also taken the health plunge!  He is also exercising by walking, cut out his soda habit and swapped lean proteins like turkey sausage for pork to keep his southern tastes in tact! 

Just another tip on how our top chef’s stay thin!  They are on their feet 12 to 18 hours a day, running around a kitchen.  Laurent Gras of Chicago’s L2O says, “I am certainly burning more on my feet than I eat.  I try to stay clear of butter and cream, but other then that, just the sheer effort I spend getting the food out will burn everything else.”

Just reading about these few inspiring tips has given me some knowledge of ordering in a restaurant.  I know for the most part that you can order just about anything WITHOUT BUTTER!  I am striving to keep this lean, mean fighting machine figure!  It just gets easier with time!  I still have to think about food, I am not as obsessed as I was in the beginning, and I am constantly learning more tips along the way that I am enjoying sharing with anyone who reads my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment