Monday, May 24, 2010

You’ve come along way baby…

This is going to be a very emotional week!  I just completed 52 weeks, a year since I have started this quest!  A year of keeping a food journal, tracking my workouts and getting used to the new me!  October is when I hit my target weight and I have been maintaining within a 5 pound radius ever since!  Vacations and special occasions are usually the culprits!

I am grateful for all the support I had along the way!  The advice and all the encouragement is what kept me on track!  I am still going to keep a food and workout log and as long as I still have ideas to write about I will continue this blog!  It really helps keep me focused!

This has been a lifestyle change and not necessarily a “diet”.  I know you’ve heard it all before, but I feel strongly that there isn’t much room for failure!  I have learned so much and just the fact that I am cooking more, I know what is going in my food and I know how I like it!  I have become a creature of habit, I have found what works for me and I also know that at least it is 95% all good stuff!!!

I once did the Atkins diet and I was able to lose weight, but of course it all came back on, and with a vengeance!  I have seen results with the South Beach and Weight Watchers diets but I knew that they just weren’t for me!  I am a firm believer in; whatever works for you, go for it!  Just stick to it and get on the healthy band - wagon!!!!  It’s about the best journey you can take!

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing! You look great and are beautiful on the inside and out!

    ReplyDelete