Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Dilemma of the “Pot Luck”...

This can sometimes be fun and not quite so difficult if there was a theme!  Our office is having a pot luck luncheon, a yearly tradition.  I have been lucky in past years to get out of it by taking those Friday’s off so I wouldn’t have to be around all that food!  What do they decide this year?  Have it on a Tuesday!  I can’t get out of it this time!  I am already seeing the items on the sign up sheet.  Well, I got to say it, I really am a bitch!  I put down a box of Trader Joe’s Jo Jo cookies.  It kind of shocked everyone.  “I thought you would bring something healthy”.  Well, I thought about it, and my thought was - why?  It certainly isn’t a “healthy theme” and  what the majority of the people think is healthy, just doesn’t cut it in my book!  I didn’t want to go into a debate about Hummus as not the healthiest choice, or why I won’t eat most of the dips, spreads and salads made with too much oil and God knows what else.  OK, I am a health snob, so why should I bring one healthy dish, that I have to share and really won’t be able to partake in anything else.  Yes, I will probably craze the buffet, but I will try to keep my healthy willpower mojo intact!  This will be a battle to the bitter end of the day.  I will make sure I bring my own lunch that day so I won’t be haunted by all the temptations!  (A valium would be nice!) Let them eat cake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment