Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taking Big Bites...

Not only do I still eat too fast, (see blog 2/1/2010) I know there are more times than not that I take huge helpings of food! Eat too fast and take huge bites is not a healthy scenario and one I really have to concentrate on!
Dutch researchers recently found that big bites and fast chewing can lead to overeating. In the study, people who chewed large bites of food for 3 seconds consumed 52 percent more food before feeling full than those who chewed small bites for 9 seconds. The reason: Tasting food for a longer period of time (no matter how much of it you bite off) signals your brain to make you feel full sooner, say the scientists.
I feel that when I am tasting new foods, or trying new recipes, I might actually slow it down and take in smaller bites so that I can savior the experience!  But, unfortunately more often than not, I am chowing and woofing because I want to finish fast and clean up so that I can have more me time!

No comments:

Post a Comment