Monday, March 7, 2011

Roasted Seaweed Snack...
Thank you my friend Maureen - great find!
OK, these might not be for everyone, but I LOVE these as a snack.  Call me crazy, but I think they are tasty and fun to eat.  These packs are only 99 cents at Trader Joe’s and you get two servings out of them!  I can’t eat just half - the good news is that if you do eat the whole thing you are only consuming 60 calories!  One serving is only 30 calories, total fat 2g, sodium 50mg, carbohydrate 1g, sugar 0g, cholesterol 0mg, saturated and trans fat 0g.  I think I will try some shredded over my next salad to add a little crunch!  YUM!
Some health benefits of seaweed;
Seaweed is called ancient super food and a secret to health and longevity.  Seaweed draws an extraordinary wealth of mineral elements from the sea that can account for up to 36% of its dry mass. This food is high in iodine, calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamins C and A, protein, Vitamins B, fiber and, alpha linoleic acid, EPA, and so much more.
Nori includes almost all the mineral elements, which are used effectively in our body. This common seaweed contains more vitamins than fruits and vegetables. It is abundant in dietary fiber.
This results in the following seaweed health benefits: healthy hearing, improved memory, clear skin, good eyesight, dental health, healthy thyroid function, improved immune system, prevents allergies and infections, lowers blood pressure, nurtures healthy heart vessels and normalizes cholesterol levels, all in all it supports good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment