Thursday, December 10, 2009


Stir Fry…

Out to dinner with friends to celebrate the Holidays at one of my favorite restaurants – Big Bowl, (http://www.bigbowl.com/). They have a stir fry bar which is so fabulous you basically get to make your own dinner!  You grab a bowl and go up to the vegetable bar which is mostly raw fresh veggies and fill the red bowl with as much as you can possible fit into in!  I start with the edameme, loads of mushrooms, eggplant, bamboo shoot, water chestnuts, cilantro, zucchini, green onions, red onions, broccoli, bok choy, carrots, bell peppers, bean sprouts and snow peas. (I might have left out an item or two). You get a choice of a protein and I usually go for the tofu because I know it isn’t marinated in anything.  I get the Chinese garlic ginger sauce on the side, which is the lightest sauce, use it very sparingly and brown rice also on the side.  There is always garlic chili sauce on the table which is one of my favorite condiments. The clincher to this story is – I have the restaurant steam my vegetables instead of stir frying them in any kind of oil.  It is delicious, and I know I am getting something fresh and healthy and I can still go out and enjoy great food with even greater company!

No comments:

Post a Comment