Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My New Spice of Life...
OK, those of you who really know me know how organized I am.  Sometimes it is just embarrassing and I am the brunt of many jokes!  On one of the food network channels ( I think it was America’s Taste Kitchen), they had this great idea about how to keep your spices fresh and organized!  I loved the idea, but my husband executed it!  He got the perfect size, airtight container, put all our spices in zip lock bags and labeled them!  The result - I can easily find the spices I need!  
Since we do not use butter, minimal amounts of oil and very limited salt, spices have become our best friend!  Spice jars and spice racks never worked for us. Searching for spices was started to get frustrating!  Now I take out the magic container and I am back to feeling like a mad scientist - a pinch here and a dash there!  Be creative and imaginative!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you just gave me a great idea! I will emulate this organizing style :) Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete