Monday, May 16, 2011

Farmers Market is Back...
Hold on to your wallets!!!!!  And you think Whole Foods is “whole paycheck”!!Granted you find some new and wonderful produce at the farms market!  It’s exciting to find purple cauliflower, and exotic mushrooms, but I am almost getting offended by the costs!  If memory serves me right, it used to be a lot less expensive when farmers markets started making a presence every weekend in Chicago!  I remember planning my weekends around going to the markets and getting the freshest produce.  Now if I miss it I can get it at Whole Foods!  Hell, even Costco has some fabulous organic produce!  I’m not sure I need to pay extra for eggs with green or blue shells!  As long as they are organic, omega 3 eggs, I am content!
I do appreciate how much the farmers markets have grown and have influenced the way people shop and eat and the innovation to the restaurant industry!  I work for a restaurant company that has over 60 different concept restaurants nationally.  I know I can walk into just about any of our Chicagoland restaurants and there will be a special menu featuring fresh produce from Chicago’s GREEN CITY MARKET!  And, of course that is the menu I will seek!

No comments:

Post a Comment