Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Panera Bread...
OK - you know I don’t do chain restaurants very often, but in a bind they are doable!  We went to Panera Bread for lunch when I was in San Diego over the weekend!  I didn’t even have a chance to look over the menu before I went, we were out and we were hungry!  I had a very good idea that I went with a healthy choice.  So,  when I got back to my parents, and I was updating my food journal,  I was able to go to the web site and get an idea of the nutritional value of my salad.  WOW!  they have a great site.  I was actually able to delete the ingredients I didn’t add to my salad and get even a better idea of the calorie intake.  I had the NEW -Thai Chopped Chicken Salad All-natural, antibiotic free chicken, romaine, wonton strips, a blend of fire-roasted edamame, red bell pepper and carrot tossed in a Thai Chili Vinaigrette. Topped with strips of seasoned grilled chicken, Thai cashews, fresh cilantro and a peanut drizzle.
 I was able to take a 390 calorie salad and with the elimination of the fried wontons, peanut drizzle and the dressing on the side, which I had very little of I was able to turn it around to about 260 calories!  
Thank you Panera for having such a fabulous site and an excellent salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment