Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Frozen Herbs…

I know what I will be doing with my herb garden this year, but in the meantime what a great find these products has been!  Bob found these at Trader Joe's.  I use the frozen basil and cilantro cubes in all my vinaigrettes for that great extra flavor!  One of my favorite dressings is a light lemon and basil vinaigrette.  It is a great basic recipe and then you can add any spices to kick it up a bit or not.  Like I have mentioned before, my dressings are different every time I make them, but the basics is always starting with a red wine vinegar, sometimes I add rice wine vinegar (unseasoned) or white wine vinegar (all 0 calories).  Then Lemon or mustard are usually my next decision, salt and pepper and then whatever other herbs and spices that interest me at the time.  You just can’t go wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment