Friday, March 12, 2010

One of my Secret weapons…

Quindilla Peppers!  Bob found these at Trader Joe’s – of course!  Two peppers are about 10 calories and they have 0 fat and no added sugar and 80mg of sodium! These semi-sweet little peppers are a favorite treat in the Basque County. The thin green peppers are picked early and packed in white wine vinegar creating a tangy and perfectly spicy treat. (They have the heat of something like a banana pepper but the flavor is much richer).  I could put these on just about everything!  Now for my secret, I use one or two of these peppers and about a teaspoon of the juice in my many different vinaigrettes!  It gives the vinaigrettes a nice added heat!  Like I have stated many a time, you can’t go wrong with any kind of experimenting with vinaigrettes!

Until Monday… keep thinking veggies and protein!


No comments:

Post a Comment