Thursday, March 11, 2010

WATER…

It’s one of those things that you don’t think about and know you should!  You think you are drinking enough, but are you really?  We all know the importance of water and that we should be drinking at least 8 cups of it a day.  I know I try and some days are better then others and now that I started to train for that 10 miler I HAVE to make a much better effort! Think about it this way: When you're drinking water, you're NOT drinking soda, juice, or another calorie-packed beverages. And here's a fun fact: In one study (albeit it a small one), researchers found that the metabolic rates of study participants went up about 25% after drinking a couple cups of water. So get one of those aluminum or stainless bottles and keep it filled with H2O. My mantra these days is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment