Thursday, March 18, 2010

Japanese Sweet potatoes…

Oh what a find!  We all know that sweet potatoes have so much more nutritional value than the white potato.  In the Fall I came across the Japanese sweet potato at out local farmers market and was blown away!  I can’t believe what I spent on these wonderful delights – but so worth it!  I was in heaven when we found them again at Mitsuwa (the Japanese Market in Arlington Heights).  I would simply roast these potatoes.  They barely make it to the table because I start eating them straight out of the oven. They have a delicate sweetness and an almost nutty flavor to them.  They are so flavorful that you do not need to add anything to them!

So grab some when you see them. You can store them loose in a cool drawer or cupboard for a few weeks!

One medium sweet potato delivers more than a day's worth of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), plus 57 percent more fiber and 55 percent more vitamin C than white potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment