Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chipotle…

I am not fan of the fast food chains, but one of my coworkers won a Chipotle Mexican Grill lunch for his favorite ten people!  Hurray for me I was included.  It was a dilemma until I really studied the menu!  Here is what I did…
SALAD
Romaine lettuce with choice of beans, meat, salsa & cheese, with freshly made chipotle-honey vinaigrette. 
STEAK
Marinated for hours in our chipotle adobo, then grilled.
SALSA
Fresh Tomato
tomatillo-green chilies. 

I got the salad bowl without the beans, cheese and dressing, added the steak, and both salsas, and voila! My fast food healthy version.  I am sure there was more olive oil then I would normally opt for in the salsa and whatever the steak was marinated in, but all in all I think I made some very wise choices and was able to partake in a free lunch!  It can be done!



1 comment:

  1. I' so proud of you. See, you can be out wth friends and make right decisions about eating, and enjoy as much as they did. You are a STAR.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete