Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I wasn’t Dreaming…

I actually heard Bob say, “I really don’t miss butter”.  I almost fell off my chair!  This was music to my ears!  Therefore, the saying “everything tastes better with butter” is no longer true in our house.  Just walk into any spice store and the aromas will fill your head with many new ideas for cooking and believe me; your food will be just as flavorful without the butter!  It still amazes me when I do go out to a restaurant that everything is saturated in butter.  For example, I still don’t understand why you would take a beautiful filet mignon and pour a ladle of butter over it before serving!  It just masquerades the flavor of the beef!  Stay away from the butter, go to your local spice shop and I swear you will have a new appreciation for flavoring your food!


No comments:

Post a Comment