Friday, April 2, 2010

When it comes to protein, don't fool yourself, "fuel" yourself…

Build a protein-based breakfast into your morning breakfast routine and make sure you get protein throughout the day.  I do have an egg or two (omega 3 eggs) just about every morning, with either my greens or a slice of protein bread, or sometimes both!

Animal protein sources provide all of the essential amino acids so they are called complete proteins. People who eat meat, fish, dairy products, or eggs get all of the essential amino acids each time they eat any of these protein sources.

Vegetarians and vegans rely on plant proteins to get their amino acids. Soy contains all of the essential amino acids, but other plant protein sources are incomplete proteins, meaning that they don't provide all of the essential amino acids.

Protein is what helps me from getting hungry throughout the day and keeps me “fueled”.  I always have a protein in any of my salads, or as part of any of my three major meals a day, whether it is for lunch or dinner, it’s what sustains me!  Unfortunately I have to stay away from the cheese and a lot of dairy, not only because of the high fat content, but because I have learned throughout my weight loss process that I have become lactose intolerant!!!!

Until Monday…keep thinking protein and veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment