Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Combo Passover/Easter Feast…

Who would of ever thought that it would be 75 degrees and sunny in Chicago on Easter!  Bob got off work early and came home and grilled up a storm!  We feasted on grilled leg of lamb, rubbed with all our favorite spices, grilled asparagus, white onions, green onions and red peppers.  This menagerie will all be added to a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, carrots and fat free feta cheese.  A light vinaigrette with lemon, oregano, cilantro and whatever else happens to cross my path!  A nice glass of Malbec and there you have it – a healthy holiday feast to remember!  OK – I guess I will mention that I went to my favorite pasty shop – Fritz, to get some delicious macaroons – they were just way too Easter looking to resist and my new favorite sweet in the world!  To ease the guilt – it’s a holiday treat and I rewarded myself because I ran 10 miles in the morning!  Enough said!



No comments:

Post a Comment