Friday, April 23, 2010

Strawberries…

Hurray, They are at rock bottom prices right now!  But that’s not the only reason to indulge,  turns out they are small, but mighty in providing health benefits!  I can’t get enough of them right now! A serving of strawberries is only a mere 50 calories!  My waistline likes that ALOT!!!  I have been indulging just about every night, a cup of strawberries, a heaping of Greek fat free yogurt and I have my dessert fix!

Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C.  That one serving (about eight medium-sized berries) provides 160 percent of the total daily requirement of Vitamin C.  They are also loaded with potassium, which has been linked with lowering blood pressure.  Also, strawberries can help combat the blotchy redness of acne scars and provide relief for acid reflux, among other health problems.

Until Monday - keep thinking veggies and protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment